Reserve Your Hotel Room
Housing Deadline: April 25, 2017 or until discounted rooms sell out (whichever comes first).
As a reminder, the ONLY official housing company for AWEA WINDPOWER 2017 is Orchid Event Solutions. Buyer Beware: There may be other companies misrepresenting themselves as the official housing company for the show. Click here for more details.
After reviewing the official hotel options, there are several easy ways to secure your sleeping rooms for AWEA WINDPOWER 2017.
1. WEB: CLICK HERE (for a new reservation, to modify an existing reservation or to cancel a hotel room)
2. PHONE: Call Orchid Event Solutions at (877) 505-0678 (toll-free US) or +1 (801) 505-4616 (international) and indicate you are calling about AWEA WINDPOWER 2017. The call center is open from 7:00 am - 6:00 pm MST Monday - Friday except for holidays.
3. FAX or MAIL: Print the Housing Reservation Form and fax the completed form to (801) 355-0250 or mail to:
AWEA WINDPOWER 2017
c/o Orchid Event Solutions
175 S. West Temple, Suite 30
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations after the initial time of reservation will be subject to a $50 cancellation fee. Cancellations within 24 - 72 hours of arrival date (depending on individual hotel cancellation policy) will forfeit deposit of one night's room and tax.
Group Sub-Blocks: Groups may reserve a block of 10 or more rooms by completing the Group Block Request Form online at which point your request will be compared to availability and an official confirmation will be emailed to you. Or you may complete the Group Block Request Form via PDF and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to (801) 437-0288. Please be advised that group sub-blocks can only be applied to a certain number of rooms within the hotels so it is possible that a hotel may no longer be available for group sub-blocks but could still accept individual reservations which would be subject to the normal cancellation policies.
Final rooming lists with reservation names will be due March 21, 2017. If a rooming list is not received by March 21, 2017, the group block will be canceled. Cancellations after March 21 until 24 - 72 hours before arrival date (depending on the individual hotel cancellation policy) will be subject to a $50 cancellation fee per room. One night's room and tax will be forfeited if a cancellation occurs less than 24 - 72 hours of arrival date (depending on the individual hotel cancellation policy).
Hotel Suites: If you are interested in booking a hotel suite, there are a limited number available for AWEA WINDPOWER 2017 participants. Fill out the Suite Request Form and submit the completed form to email@example.com or by fax to (801) 437-0288.
Questions or Special Requests: Please contact Orchid Event Solutions at (877) 505-0678 (toll-free US) or +1 (801) 505-4616 (international) and indicate you are calling about AWEA WINDPOWER 2017. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Important Housing Information:
- Cancellation Policy - Cancellations after the initial time of reservation will be subject to a $50 cancellation fee. Cancellations within 24 - 72 hours of arrival date (depending on individual hotel cancellation policy) will forfeit deposit of one night's room and tax.
- Late Arrivals - Arrival dates are firm, failure to check-in on the scheduled date of arrival will result in the cancellation of your room for the remainder of the event. Changes to arrival dates must be made in advance to ensure you have a room availbale when you arrive.
- Hotels may charge credit cards for a deposit no more than 30 days before arrival. Your hotel may choose not to charge your charge for the deposit of one night's room and tax, but will use your credit card to guarantee your room and to enforce any cancellation penalties. If you wish to send a check deposit for your reservation, it must be received by Orchid Event Solutions at least 45 days before your scheduled arrival date.
- The acknowledgement number listed in your confirmation email is for internal Orchid Event Solutions use only and is not the same as the hotel's confirmation number. Please do not call your chosen hotel "to check on your reservation" until after May 10, 2017 at which time the reservations will be processed into the hotel's reservation systems.
- All bed types and smoking preferences are requests and are based on availability. Bed types and smoking preferences cannot be guaranteed, however the hotels will do their best to accommodate your requests.
- All of the hotel rates are quoted as single or double occupancy not including applicable taxes. Hotel room rates are subject to the appropriate state, local and occupancy taxes in effect at the time of check-in.
- AWEA compiled the information on hotel amenities as a service to its attendees however cannot be held responsible for any changes the hotels make to the services listed. Please check with the hotel directly if you wish to confirm any of these services and their applicable charges.
Important Housing Links
Like last year, the primary show schedule will start on Monday evening (May 22, 2017) with the Opening Reception and end Thursday afternoon (May 25, 2017). We are planning a variety of additional activities on Thursday to ensure you get the most value out of this day including post-conference seminars and member tours so please keep this schedule in mind when booking your reservations.
Why Stay at a Conference Hotel?
You'll be in the center of conference activity, that's why! You'll be able to network easily with other conference attendees. You'll have a better conference experience overall. But there are other reasons that you need to consider before you look at a hotel outside the official AWEA WINDPOWER housing block.
The conference staff have taken their role of finding a conference site very seriously. They have looked at a number of locations and evaluated the needs of attendees as well as the need for conference meeting space. Based on a guaranteed percentage of attendees staying in official conference hotels, the hotels provide discounted rates from their normal charges.
If the conference does not meet the contracted sleeping room commitment, the hotel in some cases can charge the association for the missing revenue. Unfilled rooms can cost the association thousands of dollars which can apply pressure to increase the conference registration fees to offset these costs. So, please support the conference and the association by staying at the official conference hotels. We think you will find the increased networking opportunities, quality hotel services and amenities, and proximity to the conference activities to be worth it!