Join the Green Team
Join these wind energy champions and take the Green Team challenge...
What is it? An initiative to highlight exhibitors who have taken steps to increase sustainability or “greenness”.
How can you participate? Meet or exceed the baseline requirements of a sustainable exhibition experience in at least 6 of 8 categories. AWEA will provide the list of categories as well as resources to help your organization achieve Green Team status. Qualification requirements will increase each year.
If you would like to participate, email Wade Barton at Wbarton@awea.org.
Why should you participate? Additional Recognition: AWEA will highlight your participation in various places throughout the show cycle
- Event Website
- Onsite Booth Recognition
- Show Directory
- Event App
RECs or Carbon Offsets
- Purchase RECs for electrical usage and carbon offsets for travel
Communications & Collateral:
- Eliminate or significantly reduce (by 80% or more) print or promotional giveaways
- Printed collateral of 100% recyclable paper in a standard municipal recycling stream; contain at least 50% post-consumer recycled content OR 30% post-consumer recycled content and be certified as sustainably sourced by a third-party organization
- Promotional giveaways will meet one or more of the following sustainability criteria: 30% post-consumer recycled content, OR rapidly renewable, OR biodegradable
- Use a third-party logistics partner that participates in the U.S. EPA’s SmartWay Partnership Program or an equivalent program
- Eliminate polystyrene (i.e. packing peanuts) from booth operations
- Reuse all padding materials and exhibit crates
- Exhibit crate(s) made from a third-party-certified sustainable material
- Use energy efficient lighting technology (CFL, LED)
- Reused flooring that has been in use for at least one year
- Flooring composed of one or more of the following: 25% post-consumer recycled material, 100% recyclable material or rapidly renewable material(s)
Booth Graphics and Signage
- Graphics and signage that have been in use for over 12 months
- Graphics and signage are 100% recyclable
- Graphics and signage contain a minimum 25% recycled material and utilize water- or vegetable-based inks
- Display elements are reused, are 100% recyclable or contain a minimum 25% recycled content
- Electronic displays meet criteria for EnergyStar qualification or equivalent program
Adhesives, Sealants and Finishes
- No paints, varnishes or glues will be used to maintain the booth
- Only low- or zero VOC products such as paints, varnishes or glues will be used for new materials or to maintain the booth