Welcome to the Speaker Console for the AWEA WINDPOWER 2017 Conference & Exhibition
This page is for confirmed presenters to assist you in preparing for your presentation/session.
1. Immediately, confirm your participation - If you haven’t already, confirm your participation here, and accept the Presenter & Copyright Terms. Please note that your sessions/presentations will be recorded and made available for sale.
3. Update your online profile - Already registered? You can start updating your profile here using your badge number which is listed in your registration confirmation email. Scroll down to the primary contact information section of your confirmation to see the number above your name. Please note, it takes 24 hours for the systems to sync so try to log in 1 day after you register for the conference.
4. Make your travel & hotel arrangements - Hotel deadline is April 25th or until discounted room sell out (whichever comes first). Please don’t wait until it’s too late!
• Session Speakers (not for stand-alone presentation speakers):
o May: Your session moderator will be in touch with speakers to discuss session/presentation details.
o May 1 - First draft of presentations due to session chairs for review. Final PPT presentations are due at the conference. Your PPT must be formatted to 16x9 dimensions. See HERE on how to select the format.
• All Presenters -Onsite at Conference:
o Submit both PPT and PDF files of your presentation, and review it at the Speaker Ready Room at least 2 hours prior to your presentation. Your PPT must be formatted to 16x9 dimensions. See HERE on how to select the format. A PDF file is also needed, if you'd like attendees to follow along in the conference app during your presentation. If you are doing a stand-alone presentation, you do not have to submit your PPT prior to the conference.
o Arrive at the station at least 10 min before your scheduled time to speak.
o Have a copy of your PPT presentation available on a USB drive as a back-up.
o All the education program except the pre/post conference seminars are held on the exhibit floor. Click HERE to download a map to find where your station and Speaker Ready Room are located.
• Presenter Guidelines
• Conference Demographics – Know your target audience!
• Tips for PowerPoint Presentation
• Presentations/sessions on the show floor - See photos from last year
• Program at a Glance
• Value Add – Increase Your Visibility!
o Download AWEA App from the app store - see who is attending
o Post a discussion topic in AWEA WINDPOWER LinkedIn group
o Send an email to peers and contacts encouraging them to attend your presentation
• FAQ for Stand-Alone Presentations:
o Introduction - You will be introducing yourself, but if you'd like, you could ask your colleague to introduce you.
o Q&A period – Volunteers will come around with a handheld microphone.
o Length of your presentation – You have 25 minutes total. We are suggesting that you should plan to speak for 15 minutes and take questions for 10 minutes.
o Audio Visual Setup – A podium, a podium mic, a computer, and a LCD projector will be set up. If you'd like to use a lavalier mic, please let the AV technician in the room know.
o Seating Capacity -
Power Station - 289
Project Development Station - 118
Operations Station - 188
Tech Station - 88
Thought Leader Theater - 88
If you have any questions, please contact:
Speakers/Moderators: Sakura Emerine
Posters: Stephanie German