A Robust Program
AWEA WINDPOWER 2018 is the wind industry’s premier North American event with wind energy professionals from all over the world gathering in one place. It’s the most effective way for attendees to expand their knowledge base and business network. We want to connect them with thought leaders and industry experts.
With competitive pricing and stable policy in place, the wind industry is booming. Now the industry can focus on the future and the other drivers that will propel the industry forward through the 2020s. The program will feature speakers with “disruptive” and innovative ideas that will continue to strengthen wind energy’s value proposition and challenge the current way we do business. You'll hear about how technology advances will continue to lower LCOE, and learn lessons lessons from other industries that are more mature or have experienced similar rapid growth. You'll also receive updates on: state policy support, transmission infrastructure efforts, and emerging and growing offtake trends.
The WINDPOWER program will feature 3 General Sessions, one each morning, located conveniently in the exhibit hall!
Sessions and stand-alone presentations will once again be organized into the following 5 education stations in the exhibit hall, which are available for both attendees and exhibitors.
Plus additional educational opportunities for even greater learning through pre- and post-conference seminars.
SVP, New Ventures & Corporate Affairs
Chief Commercial Officer
TPI Composites, Inc.
Confirmed Session Chairs:
- International Wind Energy Markets - Sean Whittaker, Senior Renewable Industry Specialist, International Finance Corporation (IFC)
- Operations and Maintenance - Neil James, Director Site Operations, Apex Clean Energy
- Transmission Issues - Sharon Segner, Vice President at LS Power Development
- Wind Project Development - Jenny McIvor, Vice President Environmental, MidAmerican Energy Company
Confirmed Topic Chairs:
- Community/Distributed Wind - Peter Mostow, Partner, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Performance and Reliability - Ron Grife, Director of Engineering, Leeward Renewable Energy
- Wind Integration - Mark Ahlstrom, VP, Renewable Energy Policy, NextEra Energy Resources
- Wind Turbine Components & Subsystems - Shuangwen (Shawn) Sheng, Senior Engineer, NREL
- Wind Turbine Structures, Dynamics, Loads, and Control - John Amos, Head of Engineering, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
More confirmed chairs will be announced soon.