Types of Volunteer Opportunities
Education ProgramVolunteers & Team Leaders*
- Education Program volunteers will assist within education stations with tasks such as working with moderators and speakers, distributing materials, directing attendees, as well as any other needs the Conference Staff may have.
- Team leaders will be the main contact between other volunteers and Conference Staff. Responsibilities include: ensuring sessions and presentations start and end on time, introducing presenters to kick off the session/presentation; ensuring education stations have necessary supplies, volunteers arrive for their shifts, and alerting conference staff immediately if issues occur in the room (A/V equipment stops working, projectors go down, computer problems).
*Both positions will be able to listen to the presentations while working and will have a half-day off each day.
Event Logistics Volunteers
- Will assist in logistics of the event. A focus will be on the community service project and the sustainability efforts at the conference. Assignments will vary as you help staff the community service volunteer project, special events as well as promote and coordinate different green initiatives during the conference.
- Great opportunity to earn Community Service hours towards college requirement. Positive attitude and exceptional verbal communication skills a must.
Manufacturing & Supply Chain Survey Volunteers
- Conduct an extensive manufacturing and supply chain survey to gather vital industry data for this sector. Volunteers will be assigned a set number of manufacturing and supply chain companies to interview and gather survey responses.
- Volunteers should be generally interested in wind component manufacturing, have a basic understanding of the sector, and have strong communication skills.
- Involves greeting business executives, answering questions, carrying on conversations and talking to prospective members of the association. Excellent communication and problem-solving skills are required.
- Will assist the exhibition team with making booth drops, selling booth space, maintaining sponsorship bins, and directing attendees, as well as other duties as assigned.
- Sales experience or aspirations are a plus. Must quickly learn basics of AWEA's messaging and topics of interest to the industry.
- Volunteers will assist with checking in poster presenters; assist conference staff, presenters and attendees prior to the poster reception as well as other duties as assigned. Must be available Monday - Wednesday of the conference.
Benefits of being a volunteer at WINDPOWER 2018:
- Complimentary WINDPOWER Registration
- Access to Educational Program and Exhibits
- Networking Breakfasts and Breaks
- Opening Reception at Crystal Gardens at Navy Pier
Monday, May 7
- Exhibition Happy Hour
Tuesday, May 8
- Poster Reception
Wednesday, May 9
- Community Service Project - more details coming soon!
Wednesday, May 9 - Thursday, May 10
- and plenty more opportunities to network with industry professionals!