WINDPOWER 2013 Poster Abstract Guidelines
WINDPOWER 2013 CALL FOR ABSTRACTS IS CLOSED
Successful abstracts should have the following characteristics:
• Abstracts must be well organized and clearly describe their relevance to the industry and how
the information presented could be applied or used in practice. Applicants are encouraged to
use case studies, offer solutions, and include specifics.
• Should consider perspectives, methods and strategies for maintaining and increasing
profitability in an environment of technical, economic and political change.
• New concept or presents a new perspective or data on known material.
• Keep in mind that the conference audience is a mix of beginners and experts, but
presentations should offer in-depth content.
• Business and Policy abstracts should be practical and stray from being too general. Technical
and scientific abstracts should be specialized with detailed information.
• No Marketing or Promotional Materials.
All abstracts are reviewed by the WINDPOWER Conference Program Committee, which consists of over 100 wind industry experts representing a wide range of sectors. Primary authors will be notified by Friday, February 22, 2013 if their abstracts are selected. Please do not contact AWEA before this date, as it will only delay the process.
Submission Deadlines (if you are selected for the program):
• March 11, 2013 – Draft Posters
• March 27, 2013 – Final Posters
• April 23, 2013 – Optional Final Scientific Papers (if submitting to AWEA)
• June3, 2013 – Optional Final Scientific Papers (if submitting to John Wiley & Sons Publishing)
Abstract Submission Policy:
1. The presenting author must accept full responsibility for the submission and presentation of the abstract, and retain full copyright of their abstract, presentation and/or full paper. By submitting an abstract, presenting authors consent and authorize AWEA to publish biography and abstract information in any conference publications. AWEA will seek the presenter's permission separately for authorizing the publication of the presentation and final paper.
2. It is possible to submit more than one abstract. However, only one presenting author per abstract is permitted.
3. You can save and continue to work on your abstract up until you submit it. Once the abstract is submitted, it will be made available for review immediately and it can no longer be edited. Make sure to submit your abstract for review by the February 15th deadline.
4. Please note that late submissions will not be considered. AWEA reserves the right to reject any abstracts for failure to comply with submission guidelines mentioned on this website. Due to the large number of abstracts received for this conference, AWEA is unable to provide feedback on abstracts not accepted for the program.
If you have any questions or require more information, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving your abstract!