Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right?
Companies not affiliated with AWEA or the WINDPOWER Conference, including those shown to the right, may offer show services including housing and attendee lists that look as if they are coming from AWEA or an official show partner. Exhibitors may receive frequent emails and phone calls from these companies with enticing offers but beware that they are not official show partners unless shown below. These companies claim to offer services such as:
- Attendee Lists
- Advertising Opportunities
Official providers of these show services:
- Orchid.Events is the official housing provider for the event. Why does it matter if you stay in the discounted hotel blocks? See below. If you receive an email solicitation for housing services from a company other than Orchid.Events, please forward it to email@example.com
- AWEA does NOT sell our attendee lists to third parties. If you receive an email solicitation regarding the WINDPOWER attendee list, please forward it to Stefanie Brown.
- AWEA handles all of the advertising opportunities at the event including websites, mobile app, and publications. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for options.
- Convention Data Services (CDS) is the official registration & lead retrieval provider for the event.
- GES is the official general services contractor for the event and can provide carpet (flooring is required in all booths), custom booth rentals, furniture, signage, shipping / freight services, and more.
- BAV is the official audio-visual provider for the show.
- Levy is the exclusive catering company at the George R. Brown Convention Center. All catering done within the convention center must be ordered through Levy.
If you get an email or call from a company not listed above, please be aware they are not official AWEA show partners and you may put yourself at financial risk if you provide your credit card information.
Why Stay in the AWEA Housing Block?
→ More Networking!
You'll be in the center of conference activity, that's why! You'll be able to network easily with other conference attendees. You'll have a better conference experience overall.
→ The Ride is on Us!
AWEA provides shuttles to the convention center from the official conference hotels that are not within walking distance.
→ Best Hotels, Lower Rates!
The conference staff have taken their role of finding a conference site very seriously. Based on a guaranteed percentage of attendees staying in official conference hotels, AWEA is able to negotiate with the hotels to provide discounted rates from their normal charges.
→ Support AWEA!
Support the conference and the association by staying at the official conference hotels. Unfilled rooms can cost the association thousands of dollars which can apply pressure to increase the conference registration fees to offset these costs.
Please be aware that companies other than Orchid.Events (AWEA's only official housing provider) may solicit you and imply or indicate an affiliation with AWEA or WINDPOWER. They may claim to have hotel rooms available at supposedly significant discounts, some even at the same hotels in our official block. Typically, this is untrue as AWEA designated hotels have guaranteed that AWEA rates are the lowest rates being offered over our meeting dates.
Unfortunately, in the past some exhibitors and attendees have fallen prey to these companies and have either lost significant deposits or have not received the hotel rooms they originally booked. These companies often have hidden costs, charge your credit card in full at the time of reservation, and may not provide the hotel reservations promised. Reservations made through any agency other than Orchid.Events will be at your own risk.
Booking through the official housing provider for WINDPOWER, Orchid.Events, ensures you will be working with a reputable company, that your credit card information is secure, and that you will benefit from all services provided to conference attendees at the official hotels.