Attending WINDPOWER for the first time? AWEA is providing some additional benefits and tips for making your first WINDPOWER a success!
What to know before you go:
- Download the conference mobile app and familiarize yourself with the conference, exhibition and networking opportunities. Search for “AWEA Events” in the app store on your device.
- Login to the WINDPOWER attendee networking tool within the app. Your password is your badge id number [badgeid#]. Update your profile and begin starring sessions and connecting with other attendees through the networking tool!
- Check out who is attending. Review the full attendee and first timer registration lists. You can connect with them via the attendee networking tool within the app before meeting up at the opening reception.
- Spread the word on social! Let your business networks know you'll be in Houston for #WINDPOWER2019.
- Book your hotel room. If you still need a room, you are in luck! There are a handful of rooms available
How can I make my time in Houston a success?
- Attend the First Timer Meet-up before the Opening Reception. We will meet 30 minutes before to get some face to face time with other first timers and then we will head over to Discovery Green together. RSVP now for this meet-up
- Stop by the AWEA Booth (#2403 just inside the Hall C entrance) to grab your 'First Timer' badge networking ribbon and meet AWEA staff.
- Plan on attending any (or all!) of the other networking events. Past attendees are always looking to make new business connections and expand their networks
After WINDPOWER 2019
Make sure to check this site as updates on activities and tips become available.
Updated on 3/18/2019
- Download the educational content that is included with your registration pass.
- Share key takeaways and new business leads with your manager or team.
- Let us know about your experience at WINDPOWER! We will send a survey shortly after the event. We always appreciate feedback.
- Continue connecting with fellow attendees. The WINDPOWER networking in the tool in the app is live 24/7, 365! Follow up with your new connections via the app, or through other platforms like LinkedIn.
- Stay engaged. If your company is an AWEA Member, consider joining an AWEA committee. If your company is not a member, join today to take advantage of numerous member benefits, like discounts on registrations, access to the WindIQ database, free resources, quarterly member briefings, and much more.